Saturday, April 12, 2014

Motherhood



Being your guide 
has been an honor
and a challenge

from the moment you came from me
there was a story
not mine
but yours

this is the sobering realization of mothering
it's not about me and my projections
of how I see it all unfolding

I am only a conduit
which brought you 
to human form

yes we look alike
dna has a certain inevitable role to play
and yes I identify with your soul
and your struggles
sensitivity is on the highest decibel
in our wiring

we feel the energy
around us like sponges in an ocean
or moths to a flame

but this is where 
our similarities end 
where I am me
and you are 
uniquely you

this realization of separatness 
is an awesome opportunity 
for growth
to bring me closer to my soul's truth 
and you to yours

we teach one another
through our experiences
when I let go and allow
your truth to unfold
releasing my attachments 
to the outcome
there remains a space
for freedom

sometimes you will take 
the path that seems 
illogical to me

I project my own fears 
onto you and your outcome
my ego takes over and 
tries to convince you 
to take the clearer path
the one with the cozy bed
for you to rest your body on
and the comfortable journey
without the heartache
and the lonely nights

but when I revisit my own choices 
and the many bumpy roads that 
I chose to take
I realize that the lonely times
and awkward moments, 
broken dreams and heartaches
were exactly perfect 
for my illumination

I was the only designer of my life 
that could make the choices to become the 
highest self I could be

with this awareness of my own journey
I am able to find it in my 
heart and soul
to trust
and let go of the reigns of your life

enabling you to
blaze the trails
home
to your beautiful
soul

No comments:

Post a Comment