Thursday, April 17, 2014


the fog lay there like a blanket of despair
which end is up?
I can't see through the layers of confusion
what does my heart desire?
Im scared
I am at a crossroads
where does my heart want to lead me ?
One road is the logical choice, 
the way to supporting my family
paying the bills; the conventional, traditional way
A part of me feels like it dies when I go forward on that path
it doesn't feel like my soul's purpose
there isn't as much time anymore to waste
I am being pulled to a higher calling 
which is risky and unplotted
seemingly foolish to the outside world
am I a dreamer? or am I finally being true to my self
and honoring my truth?
selfish I may seem, a fool to others 
but to take the safe road is too confined
I feel stuck and rigid
my breath leaves me and fear sets in
the seemingly safer choice 
becomes a form of death sentence
leaving the less known risky road 
                                                                                                                                    the path to freedom and enlightenment        

No comments:

Post a Comment