Friday, February 11, 2011

anger leads to forgiveness

you stung me like a hornet
out of the blue
not warning
it paralyzed me
but quickly the venom spread 
to my heart
triggering my voice to rage
i became a wild animal
in fight or flight 
simultaneously choosing both
losing my grace
lowering myself to your level
filling my soul with regret
replaying the whole ugly episode
over and over again 
until i wanted to vomit
the dark knight of rage 
kidnapped me 
running so far away 
from my beautiful life
all i could see was your face
and how much i hurt
time passed 
and i kept running into you
unable to erase the past
impossible to move forward 
needing to find my way to forgiveness
god gave me many opportunities 
but i couldn't do it
until one day enough 
time had passed and my heart softened
your sting was a distant memory
and my soul needed to release your grief
i had to let you go 
get off of my pedestal and forgive
not that your actions were right
but it was time to move forward
and start anew
knowing our limits
respecting the boundaries 
i saw you walking towards me
in the blazing sunshine 
coming around the street corner
nothing to shield me
nowhere to hide
just me and you
face to face
two little girls
vulnerable
loving
and  
sorry

1 comment: