Monday, July 7, 2014

Liberation

listening to myself
is sometimes a very confusing exercise
my busy brain is like a ticker tape
that runs a whole inner dialogue
of shoulds and shouldn'ts
judgements
fears
self loathing
insecurities

for the most part
i am a positive person
but there is a lower level
of shadow that never leaves me
i don't think it ever will

what i have come to understand is 
this is just a part of being human
if i accept these dark feelings 
letting them come almost like
a dinner guest for a limited amount of time
they pass easily 
but if i fight them and deny their existence
they haunt me on an almost obsessive basis

the key to finding inner peace and my true voice
the one that lifts me and encourages me 
to take action towards my dreams 
is to allow the judgements and fears to be as they are
they diminish and hold less weight in my life 

it's like opening a dark closet 
and letting all the skeletons out to come and play
no hiding out
no secrets
no shame

this is true liberation of the soul

No comments:

Post a Comment