Monday, November 26, 2012

from child to woman



a healing has occurred
i am finally  in my body
no longer afraid to stand tall
or wanting to fade into the woodwork

i was over sheltered and practically disabled 
as a child by my mother and grandmother 
growing up in a bubble not believing that 
i was capable of surviving on my own

the shock of jumping into the disfunctional
dangerous world of modeling at the ripe old age of 16                                                                                                  was like throwing an ice cube in boiling water
unable to cope with the armour needed to protect
myself from the unloving environment in which I was exposed to 
the rejection that i endured through my career
left wounds that scarred me 
my inner child never had a chance
to grow up

on the inside, the little girl was lost
and the grown up woman
that i became
didn't know how to be
there was a disconnect
my heart wanted  desperately
to remain sheltered
not fully ready to be an adult
i didn't believe that i could 
do all that i desired

now nearly 3 times the age of 16
i am finally growing up 
ready to be the woman that i am supposed to be
i am taking ownership of my life
empowering myself 
loving myself 
forgiving my past 
learning that all of the pain 
was a part of my process
to connect to my divine purpose
all of my seeming failures
are what make me unique
there is only one of me and it is essential
to learn from my past and to share 
with the world 
my wisdom

No comments:

Post a Comment