Tuesday, January 4, 2011

a resolution

i get it
just let it 
flow
you can say no
if you dont like
the way something makes you feel
there is a way to stay real
you may be scared 
to be alone
but its better
to feel proud 
of who you are
than to fill your time with annoying chatter
Gossip is poison
giving those who spread it 
a distraction from their own inadequacies
it's like a drug that they have to keep taking
for fear of facing themselves
to realize, like their victim
they too are sinners
nobody is perfect
we all falter
from time to time
but to admit it and stand in it
you will learn and grow
which is the reason we are all here
on this planet 
to work through our weaknesses
and break the patterns
that have been woven by our ancestors
through the centuries prior
so let this new year teach you 
slow down and look inside
what are you trying to hide?
you are not alone
we are all one people 
facing our fears 
everyday 
so find your sunshine in your soul 
and radiate your warmth 
to a stranger 
you are a gift that god created
and you must share your love
to all

3 comments:

  1. Really wonderful Leenie. I find your writings very provocative and somehow soothing in the empathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Wonderful words to enter into the new year ❄

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear...so well said. I love you and your insights about life. I am so proud to call you my dearest friend. God was so sweet when he introduced us early in our lives. May we be friends forever. Thanks for being on this journey with me, and for being so there for me. I want you to know that I am always there for you! xoxo M

    ReplyDelete